Kids Craft – God’s Promises Box
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember My covenant between Me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of
every kind on the earth.
God is faithful to all His promises (Psalm 145:13). So when God makes one we should stop and listen. Do you look for a rainbow after a rainfall? Sometimes I do. Perhaps it’s the beauty, perhaps the wonder? My four year old listed the colors to me today :) I am not sure I know too many four year olds who actually list indigo in there, but if you knew my Timmy it wouldn’t come as too much of a surprise.
Although our reasons for admiring the rainbow might not only be as a reminder of God’s promise, that was indeed one of its shining moments. After the flood covered the whole earth, God knew there would be fear, there would be anxiety every time it started to rain, so God placed a rainbow in the sky with a promise that He would not cause a flood to destroy the whole earth again. I thought that was pretty comforting that God went the extra mile to remind us of His promises so that we may experience peace. Today we will make God’s promises box to remind you of the promises God has given you specifically as well as the promises God has made to each one of us.
What You’ll Need
- Empty Tissue Box
- Construction Paper
- Gift Wrap (optional)
- Cotton Balls
How to Create Your Craft
- Cover your tissue box with construction paper or gift wrap, leaving a hole where the tissues come out. Or if you like the original design, you can leave it “as is” like I did.
- Cut various colors of construction paper in a U shape pattern. I put all four pieces of construction paper on top of each other and cut one U shape cutout, so they are all similar sizes.
- Glue the U shapes onto the box. First, place one color so it aligns with the bottom of box, then add a second U shape slightly below the first and so on.
- Cut off whatever extra rainbow goes below the tissue box.
- Glue cotton balls on the base of each end of your rainbow.
- Fill your tissue box with God’s promises.
You can use these, or add your own personal favorites:)
- God will never leave you nor forsake you. (Heb. 13:5)
- God loves you with an everlasting love. (Jer. 31:3)
- God will provide. (Matt. 6:26)
- God is bigger than anything the world can dish out. (1 John 4:4)