Liebster Award + 11 Fun Tid Bits
I am excited to announce that Poured Out His Love won the Liebster Award! It’s an award given to blogs with less than 200 followers in any one social outlet. It’s designed to show recognition and appreciation for an up-and-coming blog. Poured Out His Love was nominated by Living Story, a great blog that you should definitely check out; you’re sure to receive an extra dose of encouragement this morning!
11 Fun Tid Bits About Poured Out His Love
Here is a little inside scoop about my blog based on 11 questions from Living Story.
1. Why do you blog?
I blog to encourage other women’s faith in God, and to live this life with purpose; while realizing even in the every day challenges God has a blueprint for us in His word that will help us live victorious lives.
2. How did you come up with a name for your blog?
My husband and I were just rattling off some blog name ideas, when he suggested pouredoutHislove.com I knew it was perfect.
3. Can you tell me a little about your family?
I am married to my best bud Andrew Houle, who is a web developer. I have three amazing kids Timothy, Isabella and Jayden. I love spending time with them! My oldest son Timothy loves board games, school, and art. My daughter Isabella loves singing, animals, and hanging out with friends and family. And Jayden my youngest loves anything related to sports, and those tube things the kids crawl through.
4. How often do you blog?
I blog once per week. I might start getting in a more frequent routine, but right now that is all the time I can muster!
5. What goals do you have for your writing/blog?
My goal is to use blogging as a platform to perhaps write a devotional ebook/book. My daily goals are to share as much truth as I know to as many people I can, and see lives transformed by God’s goodness.
6. What do you like most about blogging?
Being able to invest and encourage others even though I may not even know them.
7. What do you like least about blogging?
Putting yourself on a vulnerable platform. It is easy for people to scrutinize you when you publish things for everyone to read.
8. What causes are you passionate about? Share them with me!
I love supporting anything or anyone that is aligning themselves with God’s standards as viewed in the Bible.
9. If you could only let people know one thing about you, what would it be?
This is such a hard question for me!! I guess it would be that I have always considered myself comfortably ordinary. I never really felt I excelled at anything beyond my peers and yet God chose to use me for His glory. God looks for obedient hearts, not necessarily the lead in the play.
10. What is your favorite type of music and why?
Contemporary Christian. It always encourages me, no matter what mood I am in. Some particular artists are Casting Crowns, Matt Maher, Sarah Groves, Matt Redman
11. Which of your posts are you most proud of? Be sure to link it!
I am most proud of my post about my son Timothy going to kindergarten. Not necessarily because I wrote it perfectly, but because I got to reflect on how proud I am of my son, and that is an awesome feeling as a mom.
I get to nominate blog’s for a Liebster Award. Here goes…
If you are nominated the rules are:
- Link back and thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that are asked.
- Ask those you nominate to answer 11 of your personalized questions.
These are the questions I would love for you to answer:
- What is your passion?
- What is your daily routine?
- How do you stay motivated to write?
- What is your favorite memory?
- What are your goals?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you think you are going to stick with the same theme and direction for your blog?
- What is your best source of blog traffic?
- What is your favorite thing about your blog?
- How do you increase your readership?
- If there is one thing you could change with the blog what would it be?
Congratulations to all who won, I am looking forward to reading your post!